Saturday 11 April 2015

'Detective Byomkesh Bakshi' - Movie Review

I remember there was a serial 'Byomkesh Bakshi' used to come on Doordarshan during my childhood. I don't know much about the serial, but my whole family saw this serial and admired the acting. After every episode, there was a long discussion went about what will be the next? :).. The serial was all about an intelligent detective named 'Byomkesh Bakshi' from Calcutta solves many puzzles that were unsolved by police.

Last weekend one Movie released and the name was 'Byomkesh Bakshi', I am a movie lover and mostly I watch one movie on every weekend. So, last weekend I went for 'Byomkesh Bakshi'. I went with an ok-ok expectation for the movie.
It is Yash Raj Films - Dibakar Banerjee Productions
The star is Sushant Singh Rajput - who was playing the main role of 'Byomkesh Bakshi'.


It was the year 1942 story, and the place was Calcutta when Britishers ruled in India. That time, a critical fight happened out between two gangs at the Calcutta docks where gangster Yang Guang brutally blinded one opponent, and then believed that he died. But the truth was different.

The whole movie story was running around many Bengali characters. It  starts with a search of a man who was missing, and the son of that missing person was worried about his father, so he requested to 'Byomkesh Bakshi' to find him. But in every step story takes a new turn. The movie is not the story of finding a missing man but also it is a story of finding the Truth.

After many ups & downs and so many dilemmas finally 'Byomkesh Bakshi' find out the truth and with his smartness he also saves the Calcutta with a significant danger.

Overall, I like the acting of all the characters, especially the 'Byomkesh Bakshi's role. Other characters that I like the most are; Angoori Devi, Ajit Bandyopadhyay, and Dr. Anukul Guha, who played a excellent  role. I also love the presentation of the overall movie especially because it successfully gives a feeling of 1942 Calcutta. But, I don't like the bloodshed of this movie. Each movement, I felt something bad will happen next, and the movie ends with a suspense.

Conclusion; who like the suspense in movies and who cherish the acting they will definitely like it..  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment