Tuesday 30 June 2015

Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus

Today, I am going to write about a book - Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus. I found this book while searching for another book in the crossword. I found the book title attractive. I went through some pages of this book; it was entirely different than what I usually read, so decided to give it a try.

The book is good and easy read. I think it makes every person more understandable, but sometimes I felt that it's not based on reality. The reason is, the writer wrote it with assumption that all men are alike, and all women are alike. He points out all women as housewives or homemakers, who loves shopping. And all men as workers, who come home from work and watch sports on TV. According to me it is not true in today's time. All the examples and descriptions given by the author are not perpetually valid for all. It depends on how you have been growing up.

But yes, I must say it is a nice book for improving relationships and helps men & women to understand each other. It helps in deep understanding of their differences.

I want to share one line from the book - “It reveals how men and women differ in all areas of relationships. Not only do men and women communicate differently but they think, feel, perceive, react, respond, love, need, and appreciate differently.”

Conclusion - I do agree with some of the points in this book, but not with all the points. Sometimes things are repeated that makes it little boring. Overall, it was an ok ok reading experience for me.




No comments:

Post a Comment